We overindulged in December, stressed our way through Janu-worry and now, it’s time to take a breather in February, regroup and focus on what’s important.
Since it’s the month of love, why not go on a date with your skin and really spend some quality time together by taking your skincare routine to the next level with some top beauty tips for 2023.
Not only will it leave your skin looking and feeling fresh and fab, it will also give you a major self-love and care boost. Promise.
You probably know the basics to good skin – drinking loads of water and wearing sunscreen at all times – but there is more to it if you are hoping for that healthy glow. Clere skincare suggests making the following a priority for your skin health:
- Try and get at least seven hours of sleep every night to get the best benefits for your skin. Sleep allows your skin to perform vital processes such as repairing damage from UV exposure and making new collagen which gives you plumper, more elastic skin. Also, try to sleep on your back to avoid squashing your face against a pillow, which could lead to wrinkles.
- Hydrate always – especially if you have oily skin, as dehydrated skin will produce more oil to compensate. Moisturise twice a day, especially right after stepping out of the shower as it helps seal in the moisture that your skin has just absorbed. Plus, since hands are often the first indicators of aging, keep a thicker moisturising crème in your bag, car, and at your office. We love Clere’s Vanilla Honey Cream and Berries & Cream body lotions, enriched with tissue oil and pure glycerine to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and moisturise the skin.
- Embrace the skinimalism trend by putting the least amount of products on your skin and focusing on only the relevant ones. Minimalism is the key to success and mastering the art of skincare as you won’t clog up your pores with loads of layers, allowing your skin to breath and glow.
- Hanging onto products past their expiry dates is a big no-no. As a rule, if you can’t remember when you bought your moisturiser, SPF, foundation, mascara or eyeliner – get rid of it!
- Can’t figure out why you have dry skin? Caffeine may be the culprit. Replace your cappuccino with water, and add fruit slices, like orange or lemon, to enhance the flavour. You might want to also ease up on your salty snack stash, as excess sodium in your diet can suck the moisture out of skin and leave it dull and dry.
- They say, ‘spilling the tea’ (a venting session) can feed the soul and apparently the herbal kind is good for you too. Antioxidants have proven to be extremely important as an aging preventative. Look for products that have a complex of antioxidants, such as green tea.
- Next time you’re in the mood to snack, reach for some protein. It plays a vital role in the production of collagen and elastin, so feed your complexion by including healthy portions of meat, fish, eggs, cheese, beans, soy, and lentils in your diet. You’re not going to love this, but avoid the sweet stuff whenever possible. Proteins in your skin react with excessive sugar, which causes your skin to age faster.
- Selena Gomez's "Buttercup Yellow" Nails Are The Sweetest Summer Mani
- How to Get Perfect Gel Nails Without Leaving Your Couch
- I'm a beauty fan - here's my nail hack to get gel nails for just €1 and save at least €50 on salon prices
- How Nine Inch Nails Turned Hostility Into Pop Success
- Butterfly Nails Are Taking Flight This Season & We’ve Got Proof